Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 9: Feelin goood



Status - mission 1
Mood - excited
Water - ~ 4 liters
Day 9 of 84

I destroyed my legs today with muscle rounds (10 seconds rest b/t 6 mini sets of 4 reps), using leg curls followed by squats. Squatting is one of the most important exercises you can do. The movement recruits a large amount of muscle and therefore burns a tremendous amount of calories when done at high intensity and with good form. Once done I could barely walk out of the gym !

My nutrition for today has been flawless and clean. I'm proud of myself. The only thing that differs from my low days is that I consume additional carbs, in the form of extra milk in my shake, after my workout. I've been feeling good so far. If my energy suffers in the future I'll adjust by eating an extra bowl of dry oatmeal in the morning.

As you know, today is day nine. I had extra time to compare todays pics with those from day one. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm excited to see changes in my body already. I knew I was making progress, just judging from my increased strength and cardio endurance. It's reassuring to see those nebulous improvements come to life in picture form.

Tomorrow: morning HIIT. YEAA BABY !

catch you later,

--jay

1 comment:

poppy said...

DEAR JEREMY, THE TRUE TEST OF ANY COMMITMENT IS TO BE CONSISTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE DAY AT A TIME.............ONE WORKOUT AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KEEP THIS IN THE FOREMOST OF YOUR MIND....................POPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!