Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 14: Never go backward


Status - mission 1
Mood - up and down
Water - 1 liter

Day 14 of 84

I'm not sure how I feel today ... no, that isn't the truth. I know exactly how I am feeling, and it began this morning with regret.

Last night I stayed up much longer than I wanted or expected to. I was playing a silly soccer game on the computer for no reason at all but to waste away precious sleep. My late bedtime forced me to wake up at 11 !

I know, to miss almost three meals is totally unacceptable for someone trying to speed up their metabolism and lose fat.

At the heart of the matter: the fact that I missed out on a couple of meals isn't what's bothering me the most. What's really upsetting is what waking up at 11 am really means in terms of my motivation. In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. It's the starting point, the centered and powerful mind. In my case, motivation is my wake-up call. And today I didn't have the will to hear it.

Today was a definite step backward. A small failure I guess. It was the first time I really questioned myself. But hey, nothing great is achieved without a slip-up now and then right ? What I do know is that I don't plan to stop now, because "one stops as soon as something is about to happen" -- Peter Brock

Workout: 12 minutes on treadmill, 10 minutes on ellipt. Core training. (added another minute to tread !)

Tomorrow: Chest + HIIT + Core

Take care, catch you later

--Jay



1 comment:

poppy said...

DEAR JAY, THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM................RESTS IS PART OF YOUR PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER IT IS ONLY PROGRESS..............NOT PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN.............LOVE POPPY