Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 23: Last day of carb load.



Status - mission 1
Mood - good
Water - 2 1/2 liters

Day 24 of 84

Just getting back from the gym. It was a good workout overall.

3 rounds lat pull + 3 rounds seated cable + 25 pull-ups. I still haven't been able to make it to the sports store to buy ankle weights. So I spiced things up another way by doing 40 incline sit-ups in addition to my normal no rest core routine.

Following my weight training I jumped on the treadmill for 17 minutes at speed 6.5/8.5. I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow to make this increase, but felt good about it today so I went for it. Even though I couldn't finish 20 minutes I feel good about my performance. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be back up to 25 minutes, at which point I will step up the speed once more.

Nutrition -I have definitely felt an energy difference these past two days, which I will surely miss during the next 5 days of carb restriction.

Tomorrow: Muscle rounds - shoulders + morning HIIT

Catch you later,

--Jay

No comments: