Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 22: Seeing results and feeling great



(Immediately following my run)
(You can still see the sweat on my chest)
(Now that's intensity ! )

Status - mission 1
Mood - great
Water - 1 liter

Day 22 of 84

I'm just getting back from a hardcore HIIT cardio run. I did 25 minutes on the treadmill and 5 on the elliptical. On Wednesday I'm going to increase my speed to 6.5/8.5

The major benefit I find in doing HIIT cardio, as opposed to other forms of "steady" aerobic exercise, is the after-burn effect. With longer duration, moderate cardio one does burn a tremendous amount of calories during a single workout. Once done, however, your metabolism naturally slows down.

That's why I prefer HIIT training. Based on my intensity I am surely burning calories throughout the day due to the fact that my metab is so revved up.

Yesterday's all fruit day was brutal. Thank goodness it's over. I'll be carb loading for the next two days. It's important that I do this following 5 days of low calorie/low carb eating in order to prevent my body from regressing into a starvation mode.

The plan is to couple this type of nutrition with muscle rounds, a high volume type of resistance training.

This afternoon: Muscle rounds - chest + Biceps

Catch you later,

--Jay

4 comments:

poppy said...

YOU SHOULD SEE RESULTS BECAUSE THEY A VERY VERY VISIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE DAY AT A TIME, ONE WORKOUT AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE POPPY

poppy said...

CHECKING TO SEE IF YOU HAD ANY MORE WORKOUTS TODAY!!!!!!!!!POPPY.

Adam Waters said...

Hi Jeremy, Wow! I'm blown away mate, you are making great progress man, and I see you are sticking very solid to MS. Keep it up man, and we'll go "live" on the ShredderSphere after you hit 30 days.
Shred on,
Adam

Mike Groom said...

Hey Jeremy, thanks for stopping by my blog. You are doing a terrific job on the shredding and I look forward to you joining the ShredderSphere. Only a few more days now!

Cheers, Mike