Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 6: In the groove



Status - mission 1
Mood - proud
water - 1 liter during workout

Day 6 of 84

Nutrition: Today is an all protein day, which simply means that I am only allowing myself to consume lean forms of protein and nothing else (besides water and leafy veggies). I'd rather not go into the science behind why I'm doing this at the moment. Let's just say that you always have to keep your body guessing !

Waking up in the morning has become much easier. I find myself more excited to get out of bed and into the gym. What's more is that my energy level is through the roof. Just yesterday, my roommates thought I was on caffeine pills or something because I was so off the wall ! I don't know, I can't explain it. Morning cardio must rev up my system, lol

Today I got up at 9:15, which is later than I wanted to. I slept through my alarm. Still, I was able to make it to the gym before half past the hour for another HIIT cardio session.

Getting there was not difficult, finding an unused treadmill was the tricky part. I had to wait a while for one to become available. Once acquired, I did 10 minutes between 6-8 speed, which is two minutes more than my previous attempt ! By the end my legs were killing (let's not forget yesterday's lactic acid training, which included legs as well). On the elliptical I also did 10 minutes (b/t 4-11).

As i pushed toward the finish line today, being an occasional smoker/drinker, I noticed how it affected my workouts. That is why I have decided to quit both, at least for the three month period of this program.

Regardless of those out there who's habits are much more severe than mine, starting to exercise is always a positive first step toward controlling harmful behavior. We all know the negative health affects of smoking and drinking, and that changing those habits is a matter of choice. However, it is nearly impossible to change your life all at once. It is a slow process, requiring patience and the willingness to take incremental steps.

Personally, I've noticed that in the past week, as I've started to exercise regularly, that I've become more in tune with my body, and my particular habits have begun to naturally fall away.

I guess once you're on the right track and in the groove things start to take care of themselves. Every day matters.

I'll catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

garyg said...

Keep it up! The hardest is the beginning but your past that now.Thanks for the encouragement. Enjoy the rest of the weekend............Gary