Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 12: Double HIIT


(too tired to smile haha)

Status - mission 1
Mood - good
Water - 3 liters

Day 12 of 84

Hi,

This morning I completed my HIIT routine, but for this afternoon I've decided to switch it up a bit. Normally I would go swimming or something, it is by far my favorite form of exercise. However, this year our pool has been closed due to structural damage. So instead I plan to head back to the bear's lair to bike and skip. I leave in an hour.

I had a small bowl of oatmeal at 10:30, an hour after my morning workout. I noticed that it gave me a lot of energy that I did not have before. So I think I'll keep it in my daily meal plan.

In thinking of a healthy, reasonable meal plan, I had worries about eating oats because I wanted to maintain a steady blood insulin level throughout the day. Eating green leafy vegetables and lean meat accomplishes that goal. Many carbohydrates such as oatmeal however, produce the opposite effect by creating spikes in insulin.

Generated by the pancreas and secreted directly into the bloodstream, this hormone helps regulate the level of glucose, or blood sugar, in the body. This function is extremely important. Unfortuantely, insulin also helps the body store fat. So those individuals who want to lose fat do everything in their power to prevent fluctuations in insulin. Normally, the only time I eat any type of complex carb is after my evening lifting session. Still, considering how well-rounded the rest of my diet is I don't think a bowl of oatmeal will do much harm in the morning. If anything, it'll do me some good.

I have to make my way to the gym.

I'll catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

poppy said...

IMPROVEMENT IS SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!POPPY