Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 8: Muscle Rounds



Status - mission 1
Mood - complacent
Water - almost 4 liters

Workout: Muscle rounds were on the agenda for today. It was a hardcore workout, and the fact that I haven't done them in over 5 months added to the intensity. I did 3 rounds chest + back. And 2 rounds each for shoulders, biceps and triceps. For the first time in a long time I could feel a pump in my chest !

Nutrition: Coupling this type of exercise scheme with two days of high carb and protein loading forces your body into building new muscle, or in my case maintaining the muscle I already have.

Followed by 5 days of strict low carb eating, old fashioned oatmeal in the morning tastes better than it ever has, lol - trust me. I know it isn't the most appetizing food in the world, but my body appreciated the extra fuel the oats provided.

Although I understand that these rounds are an integral component of the BFFM training regime, I am more excited to hit the treadmill, especially since my primary goal is to lose fat. Moreover, running every morning for the past week has left me feeling absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately, my next cardio session isn't for another two days. I can't wait !

I have to get some homework done so I'll cut this short.

See you tomorrow,

--Jay

ps. the nachos were delicious :-)

I made sure to eat them before 12 noon so that I could burn them off by the end of the day.

1 comment:

poppy said...

you must be tired...............NOW is the time to push.....................POPPY