Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 18: Surprising results




Status - mission 1
Mood - great
Water - 2, 3/4
Day 18 of 84

So far, today has been fantastic. I skipped out on HIIT cardio this morning because I am worried about over-training. I want to keep my sessions to 5 times a week, at most. Not running today will keep me under that limit.

I'm taking extra precaution with all this because I don't want to develop shin splints. Anyone who has suffered from this painful condition knows that it is often caused by any activity that involves running or jumping, and is very slow to heal. This problem plagued me quite often in high school, and the only solution is rest. I haven't had any symptoms so far, and I hope that I won't in the future. I still have to be careful and aware of how my body feels.

But anyways ... this afternoon I did shoulders, and I was able to push press 175 ! I surprised myself a great deal. I also increased the weight in my other lifts as well. I feel stronger now than even yesterday.

It's weird because I thought my energy levels would suffer as a result of the calorie deficit I've been on. It just proves that I'm feeding my body just what it needs to function, and nothing more.

Nutrition has been on target. I had two bites of lime jello with whip topping. It was AMAZING. I don't feel bad about it at all because I know I've been working very hard, hitting the weights and blasting through my cardio.

Until tomorrow,

--Jay

1 comment:

poppy said...

DEAR JAY ACTUALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TIRED GOING TO BED>........................GARY HAD HIP DONE TODAY WEAT TO THE HOSPITAL TO SEE HIM MISS YOU POPPY