Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 24: Busy morning



Status - mission 1

Mood - great
Water - 3 liters


Day 24 of 84

I got up at 6:30 and made my way to the gym. My run was amazing.

I stepped it up from yesterday by increasing my tread time to 23 minutes, while maintaining a minimum speed of 6.5 and a maximum of 8.5. I did my usual ellipt time as well (5 min.)


I am anxious to discover what my upper limit is in terms of how fast and to what length I can run at one time. I know that in High school, my wrestling coach pushed me every afternoon to my maximum capacity - to the point of total exhaustion where I literally couldn't drive myself home sometimes. God only knows how I survived through the entire season. It was so brutal.


It's weird, but I miss the pain and vomit that came with being pushed to the extreme...in a strange, self-mutilistic kind of way. Because at a young age it taught me what I could and could not physically handle, and in doing gave me strength of mind.


I carry this lesson with me every day. I hear my coach's screams and his urging me on. It's what I hear walking to the gym. I see his face as my own reflection - a grity resolve.

This afternoon: Muscle Rounds - shoulders

Nutrition - spot on


Catch you later !


--Jay

2 comments:

poppy said...

DEAR JAY, CONGRATS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW, USED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GLAD I CAN POST TO YOU AND FOLLOW YOUR PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!WITH LOVE AND RESPECT...............POPPY

Joni said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Adam's blog and tracked it back to here. I read through all your previous entries and am glad to see you shredding hard! I, too, am doing MS (again) in these last 36 days before the East Coast Shredder Summit. Today is the last day of low carb for me and then it's on to the hard days! It really makes a difference quick, though, doesn't it? Hope to see you in the Shreddersphere soon - keep up the great progress!
-Joni