Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 56: A new beginning

Status - damage control
Mood - great
Water - 1 liter

Day 56 of 112

I am finally home and it feels so good. We drove in at 7am and I immediately fell asleep. I didn't know how truly tired I was until I saw my comfortable bed, haha. Slept till 1 and chilled out the rest of the day. One thing is for sure though ...

I can not wait until my morning workout tomorrow, which will be my first in over a week !!!!!

Getting up at 7 shouldn't be a problem because I am so excited to finally get back into the gym. In fact, I already have the session written up - it looks something like the following:

Weight = multi-angled dumbbell bench press (new technique)

Cardio = a much needed HIIT session

Core = ease into my basic 7 x 25 routine. I'll add resistance later this week after giving my body a chance to properly adjust. Remember, I haven't trained in a while and don't want to suffer any type of silly injury.

Anyone who has followed my blog knows that I usually save resistance training for my afternoon session, when I have more energy and free circulating glucose to sustain such a workout. Well, those days are over. My new strategy incorporates more cardio and less resistance training. This is going to be accomplished by doing weights first thing in the morning, and in the afternoon, steady state cardio at a much lower intensity level, so as to prevent possible over-training that might stem from morning HIIT.

Following this plan I'll be back into pre-miami condition by weeks end. For now though, I need to get some rest.

Catch you later,

--Jay

ps. At the end of last week I posted a link to this very blog on facebook. I waited this long to do so in order to make progress on my own, without the added pressure from outside sources. It'll be interesting to see how I respond now that there are even more people holding me accountable. Again, just as on day 1 ... I can't be stopped

No comments: