Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 35: High day !



Status - mission 1
Mood - wonderful
Water - 1 1/3 liter

Day 35 of 84

I am excited to announce that I completed another 21 minutes on the treadmill at a top speed of 9, in addition to my normal 5 minute warm-down on the elliptical.

It seems that at faster speeds I am able to stretch my legs more, which feels more natural than my stride at a slower pace. Also my legs feel stronger, which makes it easier to concentrate more on my breathing than on any type of pain I might feel.

It's an awesome feeling when I decide to stop running because my time limit has been reached, rather than having to stop because of leg exhaustion or plain tiredness.

Nutrition has been on target so far. I had the best lunch, wow !

A can of tuna with cheddar cheese, old fashioned oatmeal with banana and apple sauce mixed in and finally a chocolate protein shake to top it off. My roommate couldn't understand why I was so excited to be eating, what appeared to him to be the most disgusting combination of foods.


haha

I thought it tasted delicious, no matter what anyone says. Coming off of 5 hardcore low days of carb restriction, anything other than salad and chicken breast tastes heavenly !

This afternoon: muscle rounds - chest

Catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

poppy said...

DEAR UP EARLY.........FOR ME......WEATHER BEGINNING TO CHANGE SOME.........GETTING EXCITED TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MISS YOU..CONTINUE ON "YOUR PATH", THIS IS INDIVIDUAL TO YOU, AND YOU, ONLY........GOD BLESS.........POPPY.