Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 54: Hectic !



Status - mission 1
Mood - great
Water - 2 1/2 liters

Day 54 of 84

Wow, what a crazy day.

And yes, at 4 am it has just ended

Recap:

At about mid-week I was really reaching critical limit. I had to ask for an extension on an exam that I was originally scheduled to take yesterday. My professor was kind enough to grant it to me, which I was more than grateful for. The exam itself went pretty well, there was nothing on it that I did not expect. What's more is that I finished in less than an hour, at the end of which I felt completely mentally exhausted.

On the recess front, my friends and I are leaving for Miami tomorrow afternoon. Before today however, none of us had time to do any of the research needed to plan a road trip to the southern part of the United States ! So as soon as I came back to my dorm from my mid-morning mental gymnastics session, I immediately jumped online and started to get things together. In the end, we took a short drive to the local AAA. They were so much help. We were provided with a trip tick, which is a personalized, detailed map that outlines the entire trip page by page, mile by mile. It's great. They also gave us free tour books of Florida and the Washington area in general, just in case we decide to stop and take a break from driving.

Since I have never been to Miami I plan to take full advantage of what the city has to offer. I have so many ideas as to what I want to do, namely:

get some sun, swim, explore south beach and surrounding local districts, visit Pier 5, see some animals at the zoo (haha), extreme rock mountain climbing, a little partying etc. And don't worry, I have not forgotten the mission. I made sure that my hotel had a gym included so I can at least get a sweat going. I still plan to stick to my eating plan as well, and will surely have to endure the nagging that will result from it. My roommates have already made it known that they plan to rub every bit of unhealthy food in my face. Everything ranging from beer to double cheese potato skins. This trip will be the true test of my will.

So if you need to find me I'll either be hiding in the gym or drowning myself in the local pool

:-)

I'm bringing the camera to of course take touristy pictures (who can resist), but will also use it to continue the daily process of taking photos of myself and making updates on my blog. Because of limited internet access however, I might not be able to post as frequently as I have been in the past. I'll try my best, which might have to be whenever time permits. Sure, I won't be busy every minute of every day. With Adam leading the way by continuing to make updates (and in some cases LIVE ones) while on "vacation", I really have no excuse but to follow suit. If he can do it, so can I. You might even expect to see a video cast from me one day soon ... oh, the anticipation ! I can't sense it in your eyes, haha

Weight:

Really changed it up today. Decided to throw a wrench into the mix by doing a variation on the cross-fit 300 , full body workout. Basically, it involves doing a total of 50 pull-ups, 50 push-ups, 50 deadlifts, 50 floor wipers and 25 dumbbell snatches for each arm. When I finished I felt pretty good. Yea, it was tough but I wish I had challenged myself more added weight. Since it was essentially my first time trying this type of workout I didn't want to go all-out. Next time will be another story.

Cardio:

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to complete my session. I simply could not spend the time running because I had an urgent assignment to complete before the end of the night that was due for my Physics Lab. Good thing now that it's finally done. Sucks though because I now have to wait until Monday until I can exercise again, booo !!

Nutrition:

I don't know what is wrong with me, or more specifically my memory, because I have failed to remember the date of my cheat day for the third time in a row ! According to my schedule, I was allowed a cheat meal two days ago. I just realized it today, while actually sitting at the table of cheelos, a TGIF type of restaurant, waiting for a cup of coffee with a friend. He ordered a sample platter appetizer and I complained/ drooled over how delicious everything looked, suddenly remembering it was two days past my cheat date. I quickly decided to order a piece of their banana cream pie, and even indulged a little in eating some of my friend's calamari. It was great.

Tomorrow: on the road. Maybe I can fit in a few hundred push-ups during our stops.

Catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hello man it's Bob from the shredder sphere. Nice to see that you have begun your workout journey just 10 days before mine. Hope that we woul, together, push the limits away...

Cheers,
Bob