Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 44: whoops



(post-run pic from today)




(yesterday's pics)

Status - mission 1
Mood - great
Water - 1 liter

Day 44 of 84

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday.

I've been really overwhelmed by work for school.

I did take pictures though and will post them with this entry.

To recap yesterday:

shoulders (increased weight in seated press)

Today:

After I make this post I am heading to the gym to get a 20 minute HIIT session in as well as 10 minutes on the elliptical. It's been far too long since my last cardio session. I'll come back later tonight to post the photos for today.

Nutrition:

I've recently discovered that I have been consuming too many calories on my low days, around 2500 to be exact. My measured limit is 1500 on low days and ~ 2550 maintenance. To remedy this I've decided to eat every 3 hours instead of every 2. This will knock out about 2 meals per day, which is roughly 1000 calories (with each meal being between 400-500 calories).

It's amazing how many calories can sneak in when you're not paying enough attention. In my case, the added calories were from peanuts. I basically had a handful every time I had a between-meal craving. What I failed to calculate is that every handful, which is about 39 pieces, contains approximately 170 calories ! Now multiply that by about 3-6 servings per day ...

and I thought it was the cottage cheese haha

Apparently, most of my progress before now has been derived from a calorie deficit created by exercising, as opposed to eating slightly less on a daily basis. Just imagine the changes in my body that will result from actually lowering my caloric intake below maintenance level.

The accelerated progress I've been anticipating (and expecting) is right around the corner.

I can feel it.

Catch you later,

--Jay

3 comments:

poppy said...

MIND POWER IS AS IMPORTANT AS BODY POWER........LOVE.POPPY

KaliLilla.com said...

Hi Jay,

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Yeah, those peanuts (nuts in general) look innocent enough but sure can add up!

Keep up the good work!

Lilla

poppy said...

DEAR JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOW ARE YOU? MISSED CALL YESTERDAY,LOVE POPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!