Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 9: solid

Status - return to form
Water - 3.5 liters
Mood- great

Day 9 of 68

Quick post for today since it's very late.

Cardio:
Swim (50 minutes), treadmill (15 min. HIIT)

Weight:
Chest: incline press
Shoulders: lat. raise, push press

Life:
I finished a few poems that satisfy me :-)

Catch you later,

--Jay

POEM :


Ant leftovers


The curved throats of half buried doves

sprout along the side of the road

at odd angles, you see

I’ve heard their foreheads

beating hard against the ground:

a sudden crush of ants

sticking to the creased corners of their eyes

like acid soaked watermelon seeds.

Pressed into darker substance by

the added pressure, a thick paste on their brow.

I’ve learned that the earth does not

accommodate well to a bird’s skull

crashing into the soil.

It preserves the sound well enough

though the tone has been depressed

stretching out among the roots

if you asked I would describe it

as two soldiers pounding

dead center at my breastbone,

perhaps not as mute –

there are always submerged stones.

I simply want to kiss and smooth them down

further, apply the battered

ant remains to my unhealed wounds

the insides of their beaten abdomens

snagged beneath my nail

blacker than a mulberry filthy underneath

2 comments:

poppy said...

GREAT JOB.....LOVE YOU................POPPY

poppy said...

JAY CALL ME POPPY.