Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 19: feeling good in the neighborhood

Status - return to form
Water - x<2 liters
Mood - great

Day 19 of 68

Weights:

REST

Cardio:

HIIT run (25 minutes) (3.2 miles)
HIIT elliptical (15 minutes) (1.6 miles)

Usually, whenever I run or elliptisize (yes, it's not a real word) I generally like to keep my session under 30 minutes. Today, however, I wanted to push myself a little further because I've been feeling pretty good lately.

Running nearly 3 miles in 25 minutes isn't all that bad. Still, I want to carve it down by at least three more minutes in the next few weeks. I've always wanted to run a 7 minute mile. By keeping track of my mileage like this I hope I can reach that goal.

Idea: in order to better my speed I should probably tie Ricky's hedgehog to the back of my treadmill, and have it run after me. I'm sure that'll do it because his pet is truly scary. And mean too, lol. No offense little sonic !

Think about it, not only would we both get a great workout in the process, but we'll spend more time together, which in the end would benefit the entire family of three: myself, Ricky and sonic. Because as it is, the little guy doesn't care too much for me, haha. Is there such a thing as human rodent counseling ?

I feel really silly right now. Forgive the rambling, haha

Life:

I shared a portion of my manuscript with one of the professors in the graduate literary arts department here, Forrest Gander, and I am pleased to say that he had a few really nice/constructive things to say. He is such an amazing poet, whose opinion I value greatly. He gave me the impression that I actually have what it takes to write on a graduate level. It made me feel really good. Boosted my confidence a little too, which is something every young writer needs.

Tomorrow:

Another intense cardio session. No run though. Since the pool isn't open on the weekends I'll just be doing the elliptical.

ps. Ricky's performance today in the gym was one of true effort. I was pleasantly surprised when he was able to complete 10 minutes on the treadmill and another 30 on the elliptical. Like I've been saying, he doesn't realize his own potential. Keep it up buddy. BOOM BOOM BOOM !!! haha

Catch you later,

--Jay

3 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Hey Jeremy,

sounds so positive what I read today. You are "on the run", keep it up.

congratulations to the "expertise" of the professor, I can imagine what these nice, constructive comments did to you.

GRRRREAT!

Enjoy your Sunday,

Juli

poppy said...

GREAT JOB.............LOVE YOU, POPPY

Michael said...

Great workout Jay! Nicely done. Maybe you DO need to have the hedgehog chase you? LOL