Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 21: Wow




Status - return to form
Mood - ecstatic
Water - 120 oz.

Day 21 of 68

Cardio:

HIIT run (15 minutes) (2 miles)
(5 minutes) (.72 miles)
______________________

(total) 20 minutes, 2.72 miles

It took me only 5 minutes to run almost a mile, and furthermore, only 20 minutes to complete a little less than 3 miles. Just yesterday, 3 miles took me 25 minutes to finish. I lowered my time. Sweet !

Granted, I was running at a much fast pace today than ever before. I cycled between speed 7.5 and 10.5 ! My legs felt absolutely wonderful. It was strange even, because I thought they would be at least somewhat fatigued considering all the HIIT cardio I've been doing.

I'm not complaining or anything, lol

HIIT elliptical (10 minutes) (1.3 miles)

I used the elliptical as a warm down but decided afterward to jump back on the tread for an additional 5 minutes, cycling between 9 and 10.5 with Ricky. He was going at a slower pace (8), but I was more than impressed by his effort.

Other members of the gym were looking in our direction in a strange sorta way, lol. Two grown men hopping on an off a treadmill at 1 minute intervals at very very high speeds, haha. With me laughing out loud and hollering BOOM BOOM BOOM while Ricky smashes through 5 intense intervals at a blazing pace.

Whatever. We went hard today, and actually had a ton of fun punishing ourselves, haha.

Life:

I am liking the accountability chart. It has me thinking daily about what/when I eat, how much water I'm getting, and what work needs to be done etc. I feel much more focused, but not in the obsessive compulsive way (depends on who you ask, lol)

I have yet to score 100 % on on my chart. Getting up at 8 on days when I don't have class is tough. Not that I wake up much later anyway. I don't know. I'm sure I just need to get more into the habit of waking up at a certain, specified time EVERY day. And once my body becomes more accustomed to the routine, then I feel everything will be much easier. A matter of readjusting certain biological rhythms, which i won't even get started on. School is NOT in session now, haha.

Also -

I wanted to take some time to thank everyone (Mike, Michael, Juli and Lilla)
for leaving such wonderful comments on my blog recently. From the help with my chart to just dropping by to give a friendly hello has meant so much. I wouldn't be able to do this if not for your support !

Shred on guys. And gals !

Catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

juli gets happy said...

Hey Jay,

you are doing great, Shred on like this, you will see, you will make it, I will try to put a kilometer-counter on my blog today, maybe it "fires you up" a bit, ;-)...