Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 17: cont

Cardio:

Run - 20 minutes HIIT (6 - 9.5)(2.6 miles)

Elliptical - 10 minutes HIIT (7 - 13)(1.04 miles)

The run was amazing. Although my legs grew weak near the end there, I wasn't winded at all. I guess the swimming has improved my VOmax - seeing as I have to work harder to expand my lungs underwater.

Exciting stuff !

Catch you later,

--Jay

ps. Listening to the theme song Stonebridge, on tea's transformation blog, makes me envious of other students (and runners) I see who own an ipod. I figure that every college student should or has one already. Seriously, there has not been one moment when I have entered a gym here and not seen some guy (or more usually, girl) with one blasting away (surely at some deafening tone) in their ears. I feel bad for their inner cochliar membranes, which, by the time they get into their fifties, will have become totally destroyed.

Still, I want my ears to be in poor shape too, haha. Clearly joking ...
Well, maybe. Suffice it to say, it's time for me to get with the program.

ALSO, big news big news big news

in the next few days I plan to put together an accountability system. Not as involved as others I've seen in the sphere, but something comparable. I want it to add/deduct points for meals, (missed) workouts (including cardio and weight sessions), hrs devoted to classwork (at least 2), and personal time spent writing.

My life needs to be more structured, which is not to say that I am unorganized (if i were, I would not be in my current life's position), just that I could spend my time more efficiently. You know, actually doing the things I want, and more importantly, NEED to do on a daily bases.

My mom stresses this all the time:

"do the things you HAVE to do so that one day you can do the things you WANT to do"

There is so much value in that statement.

Between class, my writing, and making sure to stay healthy and fit, I feel that my life is just now beginning to churn on all cylinders. How does one say ? ...

I'm in the groove, eh ?

Ok, I need to get to bed. I expect a long day tomorrow. Bring it on, baby !

Gnight, for real this time haha

--Jay

2 comments:

Michael said...

Nice idea on the accountability log. You'll really motivate yourself that way.

juli gets happy said...

Hey Jeremy, your progress sounds very good, keep it up like that. I feel that running makes me more concentrate, I can focus more at work, it takes away my stress.

Accountability makes it for me, it is fun.

Hang in there.