Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 60: Home stretch

Status - return to form (B14)
Water - check
Mood - excited !



Day 60 of 68

Short post for today as I'm preparing for tomorrow's stealth mission, lol

Cardio:

REST

Weight:

Chest

- incline (dumbbell)(2 x 80lb x 10-12)(increased 5 lbs)
- flat (barbell)[3 x 185lb (8 reps), 205lb (7 reps), 225lb (5 reps)]

Was hesitant to try barbell seeing as I hurt myself last summer doing flat bench. But from today's results, I can see that I've made some gains in strength. Major note: I felt in complete control of the weight - lowering it slowly to about mid-sternum and blasting upward through the rep. I haven't felt like that in quite a while ! Will definitely try my hand at barbell bench next week. I want to move my max up to at least 100lb (using dumbell), and 260 (using barbell).

Back

- pull down (2 x 165lb x 8-10)
- seated row (2 x 140lb x 8-10)

Arms

- Biceps : standing bar curl
- Triceps : kickbacks, push down

Shoulders

attempted to rep with 80lb, but I was too spent from having done chest/back/etc.
Settled for the machine.

- seated press (2 x 190lb x 10-12)(heavy)
- circuit with seated press(2 x 70lb x 10-12)(light)

Life:

Just looking forward to tomorrow !
Very exciting stuff.

Catch you later,

--Jay

ps. I'll explain why such a lengthy workout tomorrow. There is a reason for this.

6 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great workout Jay! Your bench numbers look fantastic.

juli gets happy said...

Your bench-number looks "frightening" to me, impressive! Wow, Juli

Debbie said...

Looking forward to hearing more about your stealth mission, Jay.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,
Your arms are looking good. The shredding is showing off the muscle underneath.

You bench press is impressive.

Rock on.

Juan said...

You are so close to 68 days! Keep up the good work, I'm routing for you!

Alex HK said...

Hi Jay, my name is Alex, I am the new guy around the shredders sphere (natural4life.wordpress.com).

Your weights are indeed impressive to me. Compared to you I am kind of toying around with much smaller weights. Keep up the good work.