Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 40: URGENT

Status - return to form
Water - check
Mood - good, considering

Day 40 of 68

Cardio:

REST

Weight:

REST

Life:

I WAS HOSPITILIZED LAST NIGHT !

Story -

Following our lifting session, Ricky and I decided to sprint 12 times around the track at full speed, haha. Well, I ended up pushing myself too hard. When leaving the dining hall afterward, I started to feel quite horrible. I was completely dehydrated, slightly tachycardic, and noticed that my skin was cool and clammy(mild signs of shock). I didn't have the energy to walk back to my dorm and so called EMS for transport. When they arrived I was found lying on the ground (I began to feel lightheaded). They took my vitals etc, placed me on a stretcher. In the ambulance I was given an IV. They had trouble finding a good vein, which I didn't fully understand seeing as many of them were still quite distended from having just finished working out.

To make a long story short, I made it to and from the hospital and am still in one piece, lol. My right arm is a little sore from where the IV was placed, but aside from that I feel great. Definitely gave my mom a scare, haha.

Hence the day of rest.

Tomorrow back at full throttle !

Catch you later,

--Jay

5 comments:

Ron said...

Hey Jay, thank God you got of that! Enjoy your rest.

Anonymous said...

Whoa Jay,
Glad to hearyou are OK. Take care. Stay hydrated man.

Michael said...

Jay, I am glad to hear you are ok. Drink plenty of water man!

poppy said...

DEAR JAY THANK GOD YOU ARE OK..............THANK GOD FOR RICKY, ALSO...........LOVE POPPY

Buffedstuff said...

Sorry, to here about that, I hope you are in tip top shape soon.