Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 52: The Countdown Begins

Status - return to form
Water - 4 bottles
Mood - focused

Day 52 of 68



Cardio:

1.5 miles in 10 minutes

Weight:

Chest

- incline (2 x 80lb x 6-10)
- flat dumbbell (2 x 185lb x 8)
- cable press (5 x 80lb x 5-7)
- peck deck (2 x 65lb x 6-8)

Biceps

- standing bar curl (3 x 120lb x 10)
*circuit with
- standing hammer curl (3 x 30lb x 10)
- one arm cable curl (2 x 40lb x to failure)
- reverse curl (2 x 40lb x to failure)

Life:

I go back to school in exactly 14 days, which is when mission one is supposed to end. I didn't intend for things to work out this way, but it's great that it has. Arriving at school in better shape than when I left will be wonderful to experience. What's more is that I plan to visit my friend in Boston on the 31st, and she wants to visit the beach. Now if that isn't positive pressure then I'm not sure what is, haha.

Mini-mission B14 has begun !!

:-)

The next few weeks will be intense. I'll be taking daily photos now that I have a camera.

Sidenote:

I've found, in my experience, that taking pictures and blogging daily is absolutely necessary when attempting to document one's progress. Writing down weight increases and mileage just isn't enough. The visual feedback from photo-taking is an extremely powerful motivating factor, especially when you're working hard. Seeing improvements in your physique and literally watching your body take shape (on a weekly or even daily basis) is the most exciting thing in the world.

Diet:

To be honest, I need to clean up. If I expect to be shredded by the 31st then total dedication is needed. A killer workout is nullified by a poor meal plan.

Basic outlook:

vegetables, lean sources of prot (egg, chicken). Whey, when whole foods aren't available. Carbs, but only following workout.

That's it !

I've had great success with this template in the past. All that's needed is meticulous planning and relentless drive, which I have.

Thank you Larry, Juli and Rick for your kind comments. I've been following your guys' progress and you all are rocking out !

Catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

juli gets happy said...

Good times for your running,

great, keep on shredding.

Juli