Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 56: Feeling much better

Status - damage control
Mood - great
Water - 2 1/2 liters

Day 56 of 112

I just returned from the gym and let me say that compound circuit training is extremely intense.

Recap:

chin-ups (60)
seated cable row(4 x 8-10)
incline crunches (60)
one arm clean (4 x 10 each arm)

*completed in rapid succession with no more than 30 seconds rest between each round*

Cardio: circuit training

Nutrition: on target

Sidenote:

My spring break gave me an opportunity to reflect on a few things that were cluttering my mind. And I can honestly say that now, after having had the chance to relax, both my mind and body feel very much in focus. In coming back to school I've been able to fall back into my defined routine, which basically revolves around going to the gym, and in the afternoon, visiting the library to finish schoolwork.

I feel clear, responsible and directed. I am fully aware of my capacity and am pushing slightly beyond it. Constantly now. And in doing so have realized I have become more alive and raw in the process, more awake than I have ever been in the past.

So even though I might have gained a pound or two, the entire weight of the experience allowed other aspects of my life to realign themselves.

Tomorrow: morning HIIT + afternoon shoulders

Catch you later,

--Jay

1 comment:

poppy said...

DEAR JAY.........GLAD TO HAVE TOU BACK..........LOVE POPPY