Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 65: Very proud

Status - damage control
Mood - wonderful
Water - 3 liters

Day 65 of 112

I am so proud of myself. First, for controlling the amount of alcohol I drank this weekend. My friends were a bit surprised, though, by the fact that I wanted to remember my birthday, as opposed to getting completely drunk and losing my mind. Really, what's the point ? I had a great time just going out and enjoying the company of some of my closest friends. It was very low-key, which is exactly how I would have preferred it.

On an even higher note, I am happy to say that I was able to complete 3 workouts on the weekend of my birthday !! I know, I can see the joy in your eyes as well , haha. But really, come on. That's dedication.

Let's recap the workouts:

Friday - serious back workout + squats
Saturday - great shoulder workout + 20 minutes HIIT
Sunday (B-DAY) - near-midnight steady state cardio, 40 minutes

I feel pretty damn good :-)

And the nutrition:

I'll break this down, first by drinks and then by B-day meals.

Drinks (total)(~2/hr) = 8

Meals = 2 (enchiladas on Saturday and a nice brunch at Louis Diner earlier this afternoon)

Tomorrow: morning HIIT + chest

Catch you later,

--Jay

ps. I can't post pictures today. The camera needs new batteries. Back in action tomorrow though

3 comments:

poppy said...

DEAR JAY...........WE ARE VERY PROUD OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING..............YOUR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF YOUR BEST ATRIBUTES. YOUR HUMILITY IS A FINE QUALITY..........LOVE, POPPY................

poppy said...

Tuesday A.M. see you are doing keep up the good work. Love POPPY

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! great for you to control the alcohol consumption. you are right in that why drink so much to not remember having fun..that is the silliest thing to me.( i don't drink!!) you can have fun without the alcohol..but that is my opinion.