Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 61: ohh snap son !



(Miami)



(current)

Status - damage control
Mood - wonderful
Water - 2 liters

Day 61 of 112

Wow, I feel great right now. The endorphins are definitely flowing :-)



(me, high on endorphins, haha)

The posted picture of myself today was taken shortly after I returned from Miami, which was a little over a week ago. I want to give you all a baseline so that you will have a better understanding of where I started from just last week. Compared to todays photo, I think I've made some improvements so far. I still have a long way to go though, and honestly, in order to reach my goal I need to be more strict with my diet. The past two days I've been munching on more nuts than I'm supposed to O:-)

Granted, they have been high days. Still, I need to be more disciplined. In order to this I might start a daily accountability chart. I've seen other shredders use them with great success. Personally, I think keeping track of my daily actions with not only help me with my fitness goals but also with my schoolwork.

I just wish I was more proficient at Excel. I might be able to convince my roommate to give me a crash course in using it. Seems easy enough, just learning how to apply functions etc.

Sidenote:

I was up very late last night writing. I didn't get to sleep until about 5 am, so I stayed in later than I usually do on Sundays. This isn't abnormal for me at all, since I do most of my writing after midnight anyway when I can concentrate and be totally alone. But anyway, I remember yesterday I expressed some concern about the possibility that I might be catching another cold, but after todays strong workout I don't believe that is the case. Although I woke up this morning more tired than usual, I was able to finish strong in the gym in all my lifts.

Weight:

60 chin-ups
60 incline sit-ups
Muscle Rounds - 2 seated cable
Muscle Rounds - 2 full-length squat

Cardio:

While running a few days ago on the treadmill my right knee buckled awkwardly, and for the past two days it has felt a little unstable. I don't want to stress it any more than necessary and so have taken today off from HIIT cardio, which places a great deal of pressure on the joints.

Nutrition:

On target. First of 5 low carb/cal days ... I'll throw in a day of fasting as well for fun.

It's going to be tough to stay absolutely committed to my restricted plan considering that my B-day is coming up this weekend. My roommates have some mess planned for me involving God knows what, I'm a little scared, haha. But I am even more excited for my visit home. I haven't seen my family in a while and I miss them.

My train is scheduled to arrive in New Haven on Friday. My parents want to take me out to dinner to celebrate my 21st. I'm sure it'll be nice. I'm in the process of trying to convince my mom to accompany me in Brandford, where I plan to get my new tattoo. She is soo freaked out, haha. Hopefully by the end of the week she'll have already changed her mind. My fingers are crossed ! I think it'll be an "interesting" experience for her, haha

Tomorrow: morning HIIT + shoulders

Catch you later,

--Jay

No comments: