Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 3: DOMS !

Status - return to form
Mood - great
Water - 3 liters


Day 3 of 68

Yesterday's workout can be distilled down to three simple words: oh my God

It was a back and shoulder day, and it killed. I've definitely lost strength in many of my major lifts (down about 15 lbs in each one). I normally knock off 50 unassisted pull-ups, but for some reason could barely complete 30 just yesterday. Granted, it has almost been two months since I've visited a gym so ... there's room for much improvement.

Todays workout was a solid one:

Chest - incline press (light), incline flies (heavy)
Triceps - skull crusher x 3 x 7-10
Abs - circuit

Cardio:
swam for 40 minutes !
Again, no morning HIIT (gRRR) I wake up but turn lazy in wanting to walk to the gym :-(

any suggestions ? ? !!

Diet:
Solid ... could crank up the carbs a bit though, since I felt a little weak today. Otherwise, everything is falling back into place: protein salad, bananas, WATER WATER WATER, and an occasional treat (everything 12 day)

Life:
class is just beginning to heat up (I know, already!) We've covered some basic theoretical material (deriving equations and such). I can't wait to hit the problem sets HARD !

I like to study as hard as I train :-) if you couldn't tell, lol

Tomorrow:
Back - seated cable, lat pull, shrugs
Abs - circuit
SWIM, MORNING HIIT


Take care,

--Jay

No comments: