Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 1: return to form

Status - return to form
Water - 2 liters
Mood - a little disturbed

Day 1 of 68

Life:
I formulated a daily schedule that I plan to follow to the tee. So far, it looks like my days are going to be very busy. Between class, working out and getting some writing done, I won't have any free time until after 7 every night. There is a lot I want to accomplish this summer: earn an A in the classes that I'm taking, get back into shape and have my manuscript edited and finished.
No time to waste !

Cardio:
Although I got up at 6:30 I didn't make it to the gym for my morning cardio session. I was however, able to complete a lifting session this afternoon, which felt wonderful !


Weight:
Chest: Flat Bench (3 sets not including warm up), Standing Flies (ditto), Concentration Curls (3 sets)

ps. the craziest thing happened to me in the gym today: while finishing off my second set of curls, this random dude (much older) decided to interrupt me (I was on a 40 second rest period) and steal the weights I was in the middle of using. I couldn't believe it ! I approached him calmly and stated the obvious: that I was in the process of completing an exercise. Then he flipped out, saying that since everyone else did the same to him he didn't care how I felt. He used some other choice words that I won't even bother repeating, all the while raising his voice for no apparent reason. I seriously thought he was raging from steroid use, it was that ridiculous. In my four years at Brown I have never been met with such rudeness and blatant disrespect ! Point being: I kept calm (surprisingly) and communicated to him that I wasn't like those other "people", and that I would have gladly given him the weights if he had only asked nicely. I also said that if he kept up his unnecessary attitude I would make a complaint and have his membership canceled and money refunded because I knew the athletic director personally (I was employed at our gym as a student turf waterer, lol .. seriously). To make a long story short, he quickly handed the weights back and left. I felt good - he was obviously a bully (in his forties at that ! ).

Insane.

Tomorrow:
Morning HIIT, meal 1, class, meal 2, midday swim, meal 3, short 3 hr rest, weight session, meal 4, homework, 2 hrs of writing, then SLEEP !

Catch you later,

--Jay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a butt head! I hate that kind of attitude. You handled it very well... :)

Mike Groom said...

Sounds like a real clown! But I will say, there's nothing with being in your forties! :)

Jeremy said...

haha,

you're absolutely right,
forties are the prime years !

It's just that by that age I would assume, or hope, one would be mature enough to carry out a civil conversation.

clown & butt-head ... I wonder if those words can be joined to make an even better descriptor.

I think I found a new word project ! lol