Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 2: Pretty sweet




Day 2 of 84

Status - Mission 1
Mood - energetic

Wow. Today was great. I started with an edge - my 1st meal was at 8:30am. It definitely gave me the energy I need to blast through my two classes for the day. At 10:30 I had a snack (protein shake) in class. I used a new powerade bottle that I was able to get for free. It's pretty sweet.

A friend and I were planning to shop a playwriting course in the afternoon so we decided to get to the gym earlier than usual. But beforehand I visited the dining hall and made the most delicious turkey/ham/veggie concoction ever! A few tomatoes, some roasted pepper and mushroom and cheese. Throw it in the mic and out comes beauty. I was surprised it didn't upset my stomach, considering the fact that I had it only an hour before my workout. All the water (4 LITERS !!) I had been drinking contributed to faster digestion time, surely. Very essential in a bodybuilding program.

Arrived gym: 2pm

Weight
  • Shoulders (12)
  • Triceps (6)
Cardio
  • HIIT (Jump rope/knee raises)
Abdominal
  • Leg raises x 40
  • crossovers x 20
  • knees up crunches x 25
  • frogs x 20
Today was great. I can definitely feel it. I targeted all aspects of my shoulder using standing (145) and seated (55) push press, followed by two sets of both lat/front raise. I was surprised to find that my partner and I finished the workout in much less than an hour.

Above are the pics for today (really today - Jan 29th). See you tomorrow.

--Jay

1 comment:

poppy said...

DEAR JAY, KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!